The Look: Nine Ways to Wear Grunge Fashion This Winter
These must-have items are reinventing the popular ’90s style.
Nineties style steps into the 21st century with luxe leather, slouchy shapes, and the good kind of clashing. Here, nine trendy grunge pieces on the market right now:
1. “Hadley” glasses, $145 at Warby Parker, Center City.
(Styling note: Tortoise accents lend a modern touch to the decade’s signature wire frames.)
2. Prada cotton jersey t-shirt, $440 at Net-a-porter.com.
3. Preen by Thornton Bregazzi silk skirt, $1,120 at Net-a-porter.com.
4. Shearling backpack, $495 at Karastore.com.
5. Cropped sweater, $69.90 at Zara, Rittenhouse.
6. Vetements reworked Levi’s jeans, $1,340 at Kirna Zabête, Bryn Mawr.
(Styling note: A relaxed denim fit falls right in line with the slacker-chic aesthetic.)
7. Leather jacket, $1,800 at Coach, King of Prussia.
8. Ankle boots, $160 at Dr. Martens, Rittenhouse.
9. Double-layer ring, $115 at Coach, King of Prussia
Published as “The Look: Grunge Grows Up” in the February 2018 issue of Philadelphia magazine.