5 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas to Solidify Your Place as “Favorite Child” For Life
Moms are simply the best, and Mother’s Day is all about making her feel loved and appreciated. But even the best intentions can take a turn for the worse (like when your homemade crème brûlée french toast winds up a kitchen disaster). How about this year, you skip the DIYs and the experimental recipes and just get mom something she actually wants? Lord knows she’s earned it. Here are a few great Mother’s Day gift ideas at every price point:
- Cool reading glasses from Philly EyeWorks: If you’re tired of mom holding the phone at arms’ length just to read her texts, this is a great way to help her out without insulting her with drugstore cheater frames. All glasses here are super stylish, customizable, designed and made locally, and named after Philly-isms. They’ll make mom feel totally hip, not old. ($149)
- The most luxurious bath of life, courtesy of Duross & Langel: The “Women on the Verge” bath box couldn’t be any more perfect for moms with little ones (or teens, for that matter). It’s filled with relaxation-focused bath time goodies like lavender-infused sea salts, handmade relaxation soap, and a candle that smells like pure happiness—perfect for some much-deserved Me Time. ($55)
- A break from cooking thanks to the Homemade app: Order a hearty meal made with love by a chef in the area using this cool app. (You can pass it off as your own cooking; we won’t tell.) If you want to spoil mom without ruining her diet, check out TK-based Nourishing Matters on the app for some wholesome, superfood-packed, how-is-this-even-healthy-because-it’s-so-delicious meal options. (Prices vary from about $10 to $15 per serving)
- Some serious R&R at the Rittenhouse Spa & Club: There’s something in it for you too, so listen up. Now through Mother’s Day, for every gift card purchase of $200+ you’ll receive an additional gift card worth ten percent of its value—if you keep that one for yourself, your secret’s safe with us. Pair the gift card with a gorgeous signature-scented candle from The Rittenhouse ($85) so mom can relive her relaxing spa day at home until next Mother’s Day.
- The perfect flowers just for her: If you can’t be with mom on her special day, check out Olyve Flowers for super-cute and different floral arrangements to be delivered to her doorstep in a giant, gorgeous, colorful box (starting at $85). For the free-sprirted, crunchy-granola mom, get a bouquet of fresh, burlap-wrapped, eco-friendly Farmgirl Flowers from Terrain (starting at $68). And if you really want to go the extra mile, check out The Flwry, a subscription-based service where you can sign up for blooms once or twice a month (starting at $156). If you use code MOM or MOM16 when you sign mom up for flowers, you’ll get a free arrangement on Mother’s Day.