Market Report: These 5 Beauty Mistakes Seriously Age You
And – gulp – you're probably making at least one.
- Fact: The beauty rules you’ve been following (like dabbing blush on the apples of your cheeks) could be making you look older than you really are. These side-by-side pics show the huge difference that just a few simple makeup application changes can make. Tip: Lay off the harsh contouring and shimmery lipstick! [Marie Claire]
- Remember when Marc Jacobs accidentally posted a sext to Instagram? (Awkward.) Well, he’s now turning the whole gaffe into a fashion moment: T-shirts depicting the accidental post’s caption (“It’s yours to try!” — which referred to his bare bum) will be for sale starting September 1st. Lemons into lemonade, indeed. [Complex]
- A Michigan man is offering up a pair of Adidas Yeezy Boosts in exchange for … a kidney. According to the man’s Facebook post, he has two failing kidneys and has been on dialysis for two years. Oh, and he’s a size 10. [Sole Collector]
- If you’ve ever worked retail, you probably know all about ‘on-call’ shifts (you know, when you have to be ready at a moment’s notice to head into work to make minimum wage). In a surprising move, Gap has followed companies like A&F and Victoria’s Secret and is “phasing out” these on-call shifts and also raising its minimum hourly pay. Bravo! [The New York Times]
- There will be an Anna Wintour musical at next month’s NYFW. That is all. (Please go here to watch the trailer.) [Fashion Times]