Our Favorite Fashion Moments From Best of Philly 2015
This past Thursday, Philadelphians paraded through Dilworth Park in their summer finest for our annual Best of Philly Soirée. We saw it all, from floral, full-bodied skirts to camo bucket hats, and everything in between. Here are some of our favorite fashion moments from the evening for your reminiscing pleasure. We’ve got great accessories, handsome men and gorgeous dresses that look even better from the back.
- Forget the LBD. Summertime calls for a LWD instead. We love this twist on a closet staple, especially with the open back and little cutouts that show just the right amount of skin. Paired with a red lip and messy bun to keep it fresh, this was the perfect look for our outdoor bash. (Fun fact: That’s our very own copyeditor extraordinaire Rachel Chernaskey.)
- Statement frames were out to play at the party. Some kept it classic with tortoiseshell rims and others went funky with clear specs. (See: Uwishunu editor Kristina Jenkins and Charles Paloux.) Either way, we loved it.
- For the ladies, it was all about a dramatic back, from down-to-there cut-outs to pleated layers. We loved these breezy, floor-grazing gowns that somehow seemed elegant, effortless, and venue-appropriate all at once.
- They say the devil’s in the details, but we say that’s where the magic happens. There is no better way to stand out in a crowd than to rock some chunky, badass jewelry (that’s the bejeweled hand of our Shoppist editor Emily Goulet) or a loud (but tasteful) pocket square.
- While the women looked lovely, we have to hand it to the guys. They brought their style A-game with bold hats, crazy textiles, fun colors and the perfect relaxed-yet-dressed-up vibe. Gentlemen, well done.
- If Cara Delevingne strolled through Dilworth Park, we like to think she would be proud of these four brunettes with bold brows, all of which have been shaped by brow whiz Victoria Roggio, far left. (Fun fact: that’s our assistant Wedding editor Alexandra Leshner, second from the left, and yours truly — they made me jump in from my typical position behind the camera — to her right.)
- We cannot say this enough: Invest in great accessories. We couldn’t get enough of these bright and embellished clutches. Bonus points for major ring game.
- In the end, it doesn’t matter if your outfit matches perfectly (boring) or if every piece “goes together” (no such thing). What matters is that you go for it and have confidence (which, by the way, that woman in the crazy dragon-printed top had in spades, and she made us smile). Take risks and have fun. After all, it’s fashion, not trigonometry.