Market Report: Are Super-Sexy Clothes Totally Out Of Style?
As high fashion becomes more mainstream, does sex really still sell?
- While designers are showing androgynous, refined looks on the runways, many shoppers still want pure sex appeal, particularly US and Russian consumers. (Sigh.) [Business of Fashion]
- Is this the end of the Gap? Sales have been sinking since 2006, thanks to dated designs and the rise of fast fashion (see: Zara, H&M). And they’re looking to do anything to get you back in the stores…. [Fast Company]
- In unexpected fashion news, famed high-fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto is designing a Hello Kitty collection of apparel and accessories. [Elle]
- Burger King in Japan is releasing a Whopper-scented perfume called ‘Flame-Grilled’ on April 1st. We smell an April Fool’s joke. (Please let this be a joke.) [Mashable]
- Watch this now: How to cuff your boyfriend jeans so that it looks effortless, not contrived. [Refinery29]