10 Best Things To Buy at Crafty Balboa Holiday Market Tomorrow
The best reason to head to school on a weekend: the Crafty Balboa Holiday Market, which takes place at SS Neumann Goretti High School tomorrow from 11am to 5pm.
The juried art and craft market, now in its sixth year, will feature over 50 vendors, and the lineup is good. Get there early—the first 50 shoppers get free Occasionette tote bags (which are adorable) filled with a sampling of special items from vendors. Even cooler? The Art Department will be on hand to help you create handmade gift tags and greeting cards.
Ready to shop? Here are 10 of the top finds. See you there!
1. To DIY For: Incredible knit goods (like those crazy-cool Hunger Games-like scarf/vest things).
2. Bregga & Co.: Handsome, rugged leather wallets and card cases.
3. Carly and Dave Ceramics: The most gorgeous handpainted ceramics you’ve ever seen, made by a Glenside couple.
4. DoItGal: Cool clothes for kids—including the best-ever teeny-tiny capes!
6. Sultana Maria Jewelry: Chunky jewelry with a bohemian edge.
7. Priya Means Love: All-natural—and all handmade—skin, bath and hair products that smell like heaven and work like a charm.
8. By Yivvie: Sweet stuffed animals — all sewn by hand in Philly.
10. Masters of None: All the cool etched wood coasters—in patterns like argyle and houndstooth—you will need to bring to every holiday party ever.
The Details: 1736 South 10th Street, entrance on 11th and Moore. (Free parking!)