Sixers Roundup: Brett Brown Podcast Appearances
Olympic basketball is starting to wind down, with both Dario Saric (Croatia, lost in the quarterfinals) and Sergio Rodriguez (Spain, semifinals) having lost after getting past that initial group stage. While Rodriguez has one more game remaining (the Bronze Medal game), Saric’s Olympic experience is over.
With the play on the court coming to a close, and the initial reactions to Saric in the rear view mirror, that brief oasis of basketball to analyze in the summer is now gone. In that void has been a couple of podcast appearances by Sixers head coach Brett Brown, with the preseason just over six weeks away.
- Head coach Brett Brown made an appearance on The Lowe Post with ESPN’s Zach Lowe. The two mainly talked about the Olympics, Australian basketball, and Brown’s past, but at the end they talked about how Joel Embiid is on track to play in the preseason. Listen to that here.
- Brown also joined Chris Mannix of The Vertical. In this podcast, Brown discusses the current 76ers much more than in The Lowe Post, talking about Ben Simmons‘ potential, how they plan to build the program, and some of the lineup decisions he has to make. You can listen to that here.
- Speaking of podcasts, we released another episode of The Sixers Beat, where we talked about Dario’s Olympic play, Nerlens Noel‘s twitter activity, and took caller questions in the debut of the voice mailbag. Listen to The Sixers Beat here. Subscribe: iTunes | Soundcloud | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
- The Rights to Ricky Sanchez (Spike Eskin and Michael Levin) released a podcast tangentially related to the Sixers. They’ll also release another one later today. You can find them here.
- I also joined Danny Leroux on RealGM radio to talk about the Sixers’ upcoming season, with much of the talk centered around Joel Embiid, but covering all topics related to the Sixers. You can listen to that here.
- Brian Scalabrine had some positive words to say about Joel Embiid on SiriusXM Radio, calling him a franchise-changer and that he will surpass Karl-Anthony Towns if he stays healthy. You can read the transcript of that interview at defpen.com.
- Speaking of the big men, they had some fun at each other’s expense, which is nice to see considering all the questions surrounding their state of mind with the big man situation on the team. Simmons to Embiid | Embiid to Noel | Noel to Embiid.
- Mike Sielski with an update on the perplexing situation of the Sixers’ new practice facility, and how they’re having training camp at Stockton University despite the facility being ready “in late September or early October”. You can read that here.
- Be sure to check out our write-up on why it’s okay to get excited about Joel Embiid.
That will wrap it up for this week’s roundup.