WEEKEND ROUNDUP: Drag Queens Re-Create ‘Match Game’
WEEKEND SPOTLIGHT: If you love watching re-runs of the 1970s gameshow Match Game, you should probably scoot your toosh to Voyeur on Friday night. Brittany Lynn and a slew of Gayborhood gadabouts are re-creating the show — dressed as original cast members — to raise money for local hunger-fighting nonprofit Metropolitan Area Neighborhood Nutrition Alliance (MANNA). Lynn says she’s taking on the role of host Gene Rayburn while Carl Michaels, Drew Gaver, Bill Makemson and Meg Rider will play Charles Nelson Reilly, Anita Bryant, Brett Somers and Kay Ballard, respectively. MANNA members will step up as contestants. Fri., Aug. 16, 9 p.m., Voyeur, 1221 Saint James St.
- Cleo Phatra, Stella D’Oro and other drag queens will EAT IT tonight at Tabu. Stop by to take a bite
- Mauckingbird’s gender-bended take on The Importance of Being Earnest continues through the weekend
- Have dinner at Fire & Ice. The Old City lounge is donating 20 percent of its August dinner sales to DVLF
- Don’t feel like getting out? Catch Philly’s Cory Wade Hindorff on America’s Next Top Model at 8 p.m. on the CW
- Stock up on fall reads at Giovanni’s Room’s Summer Sidewalk Sale
- Pick up the fall issue at G Philly in LGBT-friendly businesses across the city!
- The Greater Philadelphia Flag Football League finishes up its summer Jocks event at Tabu
- Trestle Inn loves its disco. Proof? Its every-Saturday Summer of Summer party inspired by Donna Summer
THIS WEEKEND @ GAYFEST:
- GayFest! organizer Rich Rubin directs The New Century, opening this weekend at the Adrienne
- Daniel Talbott’s apocolyptic love story Someone Brought Me world-premieres
- Peter Mercurio presents a staged reading of his latest, Two Spoons
- Playwright Sarah Pappalardo’s Cold continues at Plays & Players
- Catch Phillip Dawkins’ hilarious The Homosexuals
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to firstname.lastname@example.org.