So There’s An Actual Socialist Running for Controller
Since 2008, there’s been a lot of loose talk in Washington about the socialist imperatives of a certain Kenyan president of ours. But even in heavily Democratic cities like Philadelphia, nobody ever seems to accuse lefty politicians of blasting “The Internationale” from their speakers. If anyone in Harrisburg wants another excuse to cut funds for Philly, they might consider blasting City Controller candidate Chris Hoeppner, a proud and avowed socialist.
Philadelphia Weekly, which has carved out a niche interviewing fringe party members, quizzed him. Here’s what we know:
- He’s a mechanic who used to work with Allied Steel.
- He wears a tweed blazer and does not look like a mechanic.
- He wants to use his platform as Controller to get people “back in the streets” to orchestrate a revolution.
- He sort of admits he doesn’t care about actually being Controller.
- He’s worried about drones spying on us.
- He’s a big fan of the Cuban Revolution and thinks we could have one here if we tried hard enough.
- He thinks “It’s a very good time to be a revolutionary.”