Inside Lew Katz’s Son’s $1.5 Million Palm Beach Wedding
The New York Times’ dry notation about Drew Katz’s (son of Inquirer owner Lew Katz) wedding, held at the Breakers in Palm Beach, definitely did not include all the fun details that South Florida gossip site GossipExtra.com and the New York Post have published, like:
• GossipExtra puts the wedding tab at more than $1.5 million, which may seem like a lot of cash, but keep in mind that Lew Katz sold the New Jersey Nets for $300 million in 2004.
• Recognizable faces among the 500-plus guests included Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, Oprah BFF Gayle King, Newark mayor Cory Booker, bad girl socialite blogger Dori Cooperman, and Steve Hytner, who is best known for playing Kenny Bania on Seinfeld.
• Guests were told to make charitable donations in lieu of gifts. (Classy.)
• Drew’s bride, Rachel, wore Oscar de la Renta.
• There were heart-shaped (awww) fireworks over Palm Beach.
Even if you don’t know who Lew Katz is, a look at Drew’s Twitter feed and Facebook page would tell you the 41-year-old wasn’t having a potluck reception. Besides running his (generous) Cherry Hill-based Drew Katz Foundation, which has donated over $1,000,000 to non-profits since 2003, the ad/media exec is living the life, hanging with the likes of U2’s The Edge and the Dalai Lama.
Here’s Drew Katz with U2’s The Edge.
Here’s Drew Katz at former “best restaurant in the world” El Bulli.
Here’s Drew Katz holding hands with His Holiness, the Dalai Lama.
Here’s Drew Katz on a plane with Larry David.
Here’s Drew Katz with Yoko Ono and Michael Bloomberg.
Here’s Drew Katz with Cory Booker.
Here’s Drew Katz with Chase Utley.
Here’s Drew Katz with Jon Bon Jovi.