Pennsylvania and New Jersey Food Trucks Face Off at SteelStacks
Here’s some cool news for you food truck lovers: on Saturday, June 11, sixteen food trucks from Pennsylvania and New Jersey will face off for the Food Truck Border Brawl at SteelStacks in Bethlehem, PA.
Yes, sixteen food trucks representing nearly every tasty food out there—fried cheese curds, crepes, pierogies, cupcakes, tacos, popcorn chicken in a waffle cone, the list goes on.
Here are the eight participating Pennsylvania food trucks with the Greater Lehigh Valley Mobile Food Alliance and Philadelphia Mobile Food Association:
- Bonjour Creperie, New Hope, PA: Authentic French crepes
- Chick’n Cone, Mount Bethel, PA: Crispy chicken in a waffle cone; fries
- Cinnamini Donuts, Royersford, PA: Mini donuts and fresh-squeezed lemonade
- Nick’s Roast Beef, Philadelphia, PA: Roast beef sandwiches, roast pork sandwiches, and gravy fries
- Oink and Moo BBQ, Philadelphia, PA: Brisket sliders, pulled pork sliders, pulled pork tacos, chipotle chicken tacos, and baby back ribs
- Philly Fry Philadelphia, PA: gourmet loaded fries
- The Cow and The Curd Philadelphia, PA: battered fried cheese curds
- The Happy Pita, Downingtown, PA: Pitas, falafel, and curried sweet potato fries
And here are the eight food trucks with the New Jersey Food Truck Association:
- The Empanada Guy, Old Bridge, NJ: Chicken, beef, chorizo, pork, and lobster empanadas, cuban sandwiches, sweet fried plantains, tamales and stuffed potato balls
- Pizza Vita Pizza Truck, Summit, NJ: Award-winning gourmet wood-fired pizzas
- Jersey Johnny’s Grill, Pequannock, NJ: Classic Jersey wieners handmade burgers, fried mac & cheese wedges, chicken fingers, fries, chili cheese fries
- My Four Suns, Hamilton, NJ: Beef, chicken, pork or tofu tacos and rice bowls, the Mac and Che’, K-Town Hero, dumpling bowls, totzilla, and suku rolls
- Polkadot Cupcake Shop, Rutherford, NJ: Cupcakes, cake pops, cookie “sammies” and cannoli cones
- Pompier, Highstown, NJ: Pierogies, Proziaka (Polish flatbread), kielbasa
- Surf and Turf Truck, Hamilton, NJ: Lobster rolls, steak sandwiches
- The Thai Elephant, Totowa, NJ: Pad Thai, spring rolls, dumplings, curry puffs, mango sticky rice
Obviously, Philly has the advantage here with the fried cheese curds. But whatever a “Totzilla” is, we’re kinda intrigued…
Anyway, after munching on all that grub, you can vote for your favorite food truck to help them win the “People’s Choice” award. There will also be a panel of culinary and media judges who will vote for the “Best Overall Food Truck.”
The Border Brawl takes place at the PNC Plaza at SteelStacks from noon- 7 p.m., and tickets are $8 in advance and $10 at the door. There’s also a VIP pass, $21 in advance and $23 at the door, that includes early access to the Border Brawl from 11 a.m. to noon and a Musikfest 2016 mug.
All proceeds from ticket sales will support ArtsQuest, the non-profit that offers free music, arts, and education programming for the Lehigh Valley. Tickets are on sale now, and you can purchase them here.
Food Truck Border Brawl [Official]