New Head Bartender And A New Seasonal Cocktail Menu at Palladino’s
In honor of Palladino’s newly appointed head bartender, the staff is revamping the entire cocktail menu to pair with chef Luke Palladino’s seasonal dishes.
Chef Palladino named Philip Search (previously of Charlie was a Sinner and Farmer’s Cabinet) to take over the Italian restaurant’s bar program, and he’s starting things off by launching a new cocktail and happy hour menu that accentuates his own personal favorite seasonal ingredients.
Search’s extensive background in food, coffee and spirits speaks to his creation of house syrups and tonics built around the idea of profiling fall and winter flavors on the new menu.
In addition, his experience in homemade ingredient production–creating unique gin and rum profiles and cocktail infusions–brings a new spin to the restaurant’s drink selection. His coffee bar experience as a competitive barista is also utilized in the new desert menu’s coffee-infused creations.
Here’s a peek at the new cocktail program:
● Cynar & Vodka Rosemary Smash: Vodka, Cynar, lemon, rosemary, simple syrup, crushed ice. $12
● Seasonal Gin & Tonic: Blue Coat Gin, house winter tonic, club soda. $12
● Red Rum: Bacardi Oak Heart Rum, house winter cola syrup, club soda. $12
● RX Thyme: Blended scotch, thyme, infused honey syrup, house ginger syrup, lemon, Laphroaig float. $13
● Beet & Sage Fizz: Cazadores Blanco Tequila, house beet and sage syrup, egg white, club soda. $13
● Mezcal Rosemary Daisy: Mezcal, Ramazzotti Amaro, Grand Marnier, agave, lemon, cucumber, rosemary, celery, orange bitters. $14
● Sloe Down: Plymouth Sloe Gin, Oloroso, Sherry, egg white, lemon, simple syrup, Peychaud’s bitters. $14
● The Italian American: Bulleit Bourbon, Amaro, Nardini. $13
● Royal Rations: Smith & Cross Navy Strength Rum, gin, Luxardo Maraschino, Carpano Antica, orange bitters. $12
● Cazzi Tuoi: Rye, house allspice dram, Carpano Antica, Averno Amaro, orange bitters, clove. $13
Can’t Beat Classics
● House Martini. $10
● Dry Vodka Martini. $12
● Manhattan. $12
● Sour. $10
● Old Fashioned. $12
● French 75. $12
● Collins. $11
● Daiquiri. $11
● Espresso Martini: Stoli Vanil, Kahlua, Frangelico, La Colombe espresso. $13.50
● Italian Cafe: Ramazotti Amaro, Disaronno, La Colombe espresso, Frangelico-Créme de Cacao foam. $12.50
● Let It Be: Carpano Bianco, Lillet, Limoncello, orange bitters, lemon peel. $12.50
Palladino’s celebrates Happy Hour Monday-Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, and Saturday-Sunday from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. The new happy hour menu is as follows:
Happy Hour Cocktails: $7.00
● Now that Summer’s Past: Gin, orange flower water, dry vermouth, lemon.
● Palladino’s House Martini: House infused vodka, lemon oil, chamomile flowers.
● Palladino’s Barrel Aged Old Fashioned: Bourbon, muscovado sugar, house made bitters.
● Silver Lining: Silver rum, house made ginger syrup, lemon, club soda.
Other Happy Hour Drinks
● Peroni Draft. $3.00
● Yards, Victory, Dogfish. $4.00
● House Wines by the Glass. $5.00
Happy Hour Food Menu
● Truffle Potato Skins: Truffle cheese fondue, crisp smoked bacon, scallion crème fraiche. $5.00
● Oysters Casino: Smoked pancetta, espelette pepper, panko crumbs. $5.00
● Pizzata: Thin-crust, brick oven-baked flatbread stuffed with stracchino cheese, topped with pomodoro sauce, parmesan cheese, basil. $10.00
● The Classic Burger: 8oz. wood grilled burger, LP special sauce, pickles, stracchino cheese, LTO, toasted brioche. $10.00
● Truffled Grissini: Housemade bread sticks brushed with white truffle butter & parmigiano, wrapped in prosciutto. $10.00
● Focaccia of the Week: $6.00 off, new variety announced every week.
Palladino’s on Passyunk [official]