Brauhaus Schmitz’s Massive Oktoberfest Is This Weekend
On Saturday, September 19 from 12 noon until 8 p.m., Brauhaus Schmitz, will host its 7th annual Oktoberfest Block Party, shutting down the 700 block of South Street, and 8th Street between Kater and Rodman, for a raucous good time.
Admission is free and all food and drink is pay as you go. You can expect ten German beers to be pouring throughout the event, including the signature Brauhaus Oktoberfest from Traunstein Hofbrauhaus. The block party will also include live Oompah music, face painting, and the finals to the now famous Liter Lift Competition (winner earns free beer for a year), German dancers, Schnapski, and more.
If you can’t wait to get the party started, head to Brauhaus Schmitz tonight for that last chance to qualify for the Liter Lift finals (pre-register here) and there’s also The Race to Kick the Keg. If you order the beer that kicks the keg, you win a prize pack.
VIP Admission: $125 per person and includes:
- JUST THREE VIP TIX REMAIN
- An exclusive VIP draft list not available to the general public
- Dedicated waitstaff and bar staff, with five private restrooms
- Complimentary Bavarian buffet from chef Jeremy Nolen from 1 p.m. until 6 p.m.
- Eight beer tickets, redeemable for VIP or general admission drafts
- An official Brauhaus Schmitz Oktoberfest T-shirt
- A one-liter glass beer stein filled with Oktoberfest survival supplies
- Tickets are available now, and can be purchased online
Brauhaus Schmitz Oktoberfest Schedule
2 pm – Introductions, Ceremonial Keg Tap and Band starts.
2:45 pm – first Round of Dancers followed by Liter Lift
3:45 pm – Dancers and we will send off the 2 guys to Oktoberfest
4:45 pm – Dancers
6 pm – Band finishes
Brauhaus Schmitz [Foobooz]