Oktoberfest and Fall Festivals in Philadelphia
The season of Oktoberfests and fall festivals are upon us and it’s time to celebrate in Philly’s own style. There are plenty of festivals, parties and deals to choose from, everything from the huge Brauhaus Schmitz Oktoberfest to the world’s biggest pumpkin beer festival. So choose wisely.
- Brauhaus Schmitz’s Oktoberfest – September 15th – September 20th – Each night leading up to the 6th annual block party will include events like liter lift competitions, beer and cheese pairings and much more. It all cumulates on Saturday with the huge block party that closes the 700 block of South Street. There will be German beer specials, pork and other food, eating competitions, live music and much more.
- Fall Into Art: ARToberfest at the Philadelphia Museum of Art – September 19th – The art exhibit includes German beers, pretzels, schnitzel, and other German eats from Starr Restaurants Catering.
- Frankford Hall’s Oktoberfest – September 20th – September 25th – Kicking off with a large block party on Frankford Avenue from Girard Avenue to Shackamaxon Street. The beer garden will supply plenty of German beer, bauernwurst, bratwurst and Bavarian pretzels, live music, carnival games and German dancing. Additionally, Frankford Hall is hosting a Kidtoberfest (Sep. 21), Ping Pong tournament (Sep. 23) and Jumbling Towers tournament (Sep. 24).
- PHS Fall Festival at The Navy Yard with a Beer Garden – September 20th – This family-friendly fest features local produce, games and activities for children, a competition featuring oversized tomatoes, pumpkins and other gigantic goodies for a panel of judges, as well as the beer garden featuring Yards Brewing Co.
- Oktoberfest at Morgan’s Pier – September 20th – The celebration to close the waterfront beer garden for the year, this Oktoberfest party includes a variety of German beer, grilled sausages, traditional German potato salad and pretzels.
- Hop Angel Brauhaus Pumpkinfest – September 20th – September 21st – Pumpkinfest will feature a variety of pumpkin beers and pumpkin food specials. Among the pumpkin related activities will be pick-a-pumpkin
($3 & $5) and pumpkin decorating for the kids.
- Oktoberfest at Iron Hill Brewery – September 25th – October 12th – All ten Iron Hill Brewery locations will serve a German-inspired food menu and of course, an Oktoberfest beer.
- Oktoberfest at Alla Spina – September 26th – September 28th – All weekend Alla Spina will be serving up German-inspired food, beer from Victory Brewing Company and special events for the Italian take on the German holiday. They are even hosting a Stein Hoisting competition on September 26th and an Oktoberfest block party on the 28th.
- Hop Angel Brauhaus Oktoberfest – September 27th – September 28th – If you’re wearing a lederhosen or a dirndl you’ll be supplied with a free sausage sandwich at this Oktoberfest celebration. Also included are sausages, pretzels, beer and other food items.
- Detox Retox at City Tap House – September 27th – Get your detox on with yoga from CoreFitness at 11 a.m., followed by a brunch and beer. Stick around for Oktoberfest celebration games beginning at 1 p.m.
- Downingtown Fallfest – September 28th – Downtown Downingtown will have their own fall festival with food, live music and performances, crafts, local businesses, a BMX stunt show and of course, a Victory Beer Garden.
- Chinatown Night Market – October 2nd – As the final Night Market of the year, Chinatown will be filled with food trucks, plenty of beer and more.
- King of Prussia Beerfest Royale – October 2nd and October 4th – King of Prussia mall does it up big when they host their Beerfest Royale, a two-day event consisting of more than 50 national and international breweries and over 100 types of beer. Guests are supplied with a complimentary cigar, food from area restaurants, beer tastings and dancing.
- Midtown Village Fall Festival – October 4th – This festival takes over 13th Street to supply guests with food, beer tents and live entertainment.
- 2nd Annual Bacon and Beer Festival at Nick’s Roast Beef – October 4th – Bacon lovers will enjoy all new bacon-centric dishes, early fall beer releases, an appearance by Piggy Pat and other surprises. Must-try dishes will include the Bloody Mary Ground Bacon Burger, Warm Bacon Salad, Bacon Crusted Cheesecake, Pumpkin Bacon Chocolate Brownies and more.
- Charlie Brown Pumpkin Beer Festival at the Institute – 107 pumpkin beers and ciders are on the list this year. That makes the Institute’s pumpkin beer fest arguably the biggest in the world.
- Grumblethorpe Oktoberfest – October 4th – The reenactment of the Battle of Germantown is followed by cold beer, grilled sausages, homemade salads, tours, music and more.
- Ambler Main Street Oktoberfest – October 4th – Downtown Ambler turns into a traditional Bavarian festival with its 23rd annual Oktoberbest featuring a beer garden, great food, live music, art work, hand-crafted items and rides for the kids all day long.
- Roxtoberfest – October 4th – The 2nd annual of its kind, found on Ridge Ave, is hosting a day of beer, live music, German fare, and non-traditional food trucks.
- Bloktoberfest – October 11th – The 6th annual, Bloktoberfest features food supplied by local restaurants and food trucks, beer, live music and more from South Street from Broad to 18th streets.
- Hop Angel Brauhaus Applefest – October 11th – October 12th – The Applefest will feature hard cider and apple foods for any apple lovers attending.
- Fishtown RiverCity Festival – October 11th – Fishtown’s 7th annual RiverCity Fest will feature an array of food trucks, locally crafted brews, family activities and more. Featured breweries include Philadelphia Brewing Co., 2nd Story Brewing Co., and more.
- Kennett Brewfest – October 11th – Over 90 craft breweries will be serving up samples at the Kennett Brewfest, along with delicious food and entertainment all day long.
- Hop Harvest at Strangelove’s – October 15th – Stratngelove’s is hosting a Hop Harvest party in which they will feature a mega list of fresh wet-hopped beers from both coasts.
- Oktoberfest at Dilworth Park – October 18, 23, 25 – Beer (including beer gardens), music, food and more all take place in Dilworth Park for three days of celebration.
- Hop Angel Brauhaus HarvestFest – October 18th – October 19th – Hop Angel’s Harvestfest will feature wet-hopped harvest beers and well as other special harvest beers and locally sourced harvest inspired food specials.
- Thirstoberfest at Memphis Taproom Beer Garden – October 18th – This Oktoberfest at the Beer Gardens features more than 25 flagship and limited release beers from local and stateside craft breweries along with a few super rare international goodies. Hot dogs will also be served in addition to all that beer.
- Grey Lodge Oktoberfest – October 26th – Yuengling Oktoberfest will be tap for Oktoberfest at the Grey Lodge, along with prizes for the best lederhosen and drindls.
- Oktoberfest (in November) at Victory at Parkesburg – November 1st – Victory Brewing Company is putting on an Oktoberfest celebration in November complete with art brewery, games, food, live music and of course, the freshest Victory beer!
And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we have our Philly Oktoberfest celebrations. Drink up.