Mad Men Premiere Viewing Parties
This Sunday marks the premiere of Mad Men’s final season and a couple of Philadelphia restaurants are getting into the spirit with special viewing parties.
At Pennsylvania 6, the fun kicks off at 9 p.m. with the Midtown Village turning itself into Mad Six, a night of revelry complete with 1960s-themed food, Mad Men-inspired cocktails and a screening of the show. Admission is free but reservations are strongly encouraged.
Guests are encouraged to dress as Mad Men characters or at least in their period-best. During the show, lights inside will be dimmed and the volume turned up. During commercials, a retro DJ will play.
Among the drinks being offered at Pennsylvania 6:
- The Draper, featuring bourbon, aromatic bitters, raw sugar syrup and fresh citrus peel.
- The Sterling (Stoli vodka, Lillet, orange bitters)
- The Campbell (gin, lemon juice, honey syrup)
- The Joan (bourbon, fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, honey syrup)
- The Peggy (rye whiskey, apple brandy, yellow chartreuse)
- The Mohawk, a flight of house chosen barrel-aged whiskeys from some of Kentucky’s finest distilleries
Chef Marc Plessis will serve a menu of 1960s fare including:
- Oysters Rockefeller
- Daily selection of East and West Coast oysters served with a lemon wedge
- Steak Tartare, with capers, parsley, spicy aioli and toast
- Deviled Eggs, with crème fraiche, chive, steelhead trout roe
- Stuffed Celery, with pimento cheese and bacon bits
Across Center City, Square 1682 is kicking off their series of Mad Men viewing parties with discounted drinks, complimentary truffle popcorn and candy cigarettes. Martinis and Old Fashioneds will be available for just $5 during the show.