Year in Review: January
- Philadelphia Magazine lists 239 dishes you must eat. How many did you get to?
- Koo Zee Doo gets heaps of praise from Craig LaBan.
- Many were alarmed that it was announced that Susanna Foo would become a Chipotle.
- Chew Man Chu got no bells from LaBan.
- The New York Post calls Zahav the new Momofuku.
- Where to get your growler filled has remained one of the most popular posts of the year.
- We have fun pondering where is Philadelphia’s new restaurant row.
- We affect positive change at TJ’s in Paoli.
- Kitchen Nightmares broadcast its Hot Potato Cafe episode. By August the restaurant had closed.
Dish of the Month
The rabbit is also local, and stewed “hunter-style” to such a vivid savor, I can still smell the puff of steam that escaped when the crock’s lid was lifted tableside. It smelled of bay and wine-steeped smoked bacon. And the sublimely tender meat inside tangled with earthy twists of black trumpet mushrooms, snappy green favas, and crunchy brussels sprouts. – Craig LaBan, Philadelphia Inquirer
Quote of the Month
“â€™50s-dull Chinese American fare.” – Craig LaBan on Chew Man Chu