Preparing for Philly Beer Week
Behemoth, gargantuan, a future on dialysis. All are ways of describing Philly Beer Week 2010. We here at Foobooz have been trying to ignore the 10-million gallon elephant in the room but with the realization that Opening Tap is less than two weeks away, we have to confront our fears.
Throughout the week we’ll be highlighting some of our picks for what you must do and how best to survive the ten day week with 800+ events at 140 venues featuring beer from more than 70 breweries.
For step one, here are some sites around the web that are sure to be a good resource for Beer Week enjoyment and survival.
- Philly Beer Week – Official Site of Philly Beer Week has all the events and links to purchase tickets when applicable.
- My Philly Beer Week – Personalize your Philly Beer Week experience at my.phillybeerweek.org. Chill out and delete some when you realize you’ve added 100 events to your list.
- SEPTA Independence Pass – Order your unlimited day pass online today to make sure you get it in time for Beer Week or purchase it from 1234 Market Street.
- Unofficial Beer Week Spreadsheet – Bryan Kolesar of the Brew Lounge maintains an Excel spreadsheet of all the events. It’s a huge undertaking and one we’re glad he did.
- Beer Calendar – This site takes the work that Bryan did on the spreadsheet and converts it into a bangin’ Google Calendar. We like it so much we embedded on Foobooz.
- Philly Beer Week for iPhone – Coming soon, this app promises to be the best way to track Beer WeekÂ via your iPhone.