Fountain Tops In Zagat
The 2007 Zagat Survey is out this week and Philadelphia is still the best tipping city in the country, averaging 19.4%, above the 18.8% national average.
The Fountain Restaurant at the Four Seasons scored a hat trick in this year’s guide, getting first place in Top Service, Top Decor, Top Food.
Buddakan was the most popular restaurant and Amada scored as the best newcomer.
More statistics, we told you we loved statistics, after the jump.
- 108 new restaurants in the guide this year.
- 236 BYO restaurants.
- 65% of people spending more than they were three years ago.
- 90 plus cuisines listed in the Philadelphia survey.
- The price of $32.19 is just pennies above the national average for a meal.
- In a survey of irritating factors service was seen as the weak link by 67% of those polled. Second was noise at 12%.
- 89% of Philadelphia restaurant-goers surveyed would like to see a total ban on smoking. Just 2% would eat out less with a ban.
Survey Shows Hot and Not-So-Hot in Phila. Dining Scene [KYW News Radio]
Zagat Releases 2007 Philadephia Restaurants Guide [Zagat Survey]