- Aqua, the Malaysian and Thai restaurant at 7th and Chestnut has opened.
- Michael Klein reports that the National Park Service is looking for a restaurant operator for the Kennedy-Supplee Mansion in Valley Forge Park. No word on whether the Park Service will be installing a space crippling metal fence around the mansion.
- A moderate priced Mexican BYOB is opening just about any day now at 744 Christian Street. Molcajete Mixto’s signature dishes will be served in hot volcanic rock (Inqlings).
- Former Starr chef Christopher Painter is the executive chef at Kitchen 223 in Haddon Heights, NJ. The American bistro will be open in about a month (Feeding Frenzy).
- Jolly’s Sporting Saloon may be leaving it’s 19th Street location (Icepack)
A.D. Amorosi’s article in last week’s City Paper kicked up quite the fuss resulting in three letters to the editor defending the credentials of Ed Rek of Restaurant M.