Frontier Airlines Adds 10 Non-Stop Flights from Philadelphia
Business and leisure travelers in Philadelphia just got a lot more choices for non-stop domestic flights.
Frontier Airlines has added non-stop flights from the Philadelphia International Airport to 10 cities across the United States. It’s part of a nationwide expansion plan that is adding service in 42 markets across the country.
Previously, many of the routes were only available non-stop through larger carriers like American Airlines, which counts Philadelphia one of its hubs. Frontier President Barry Biffle said that having more competition in large cities could drive prices down overall and give travelers more options.
“Travelers between big cities have enjoyed low fares while many markets have remained overpriced and underserved,” he said in a statement. “Frontier’s low fares in these new markets will benefit millions of new fliers who are forced to drive because they haven’t found affordable air travel options — or they simply stay at home. We see hundreds of additional opportunities like these throughout the country, fueling our growth for years to come.”
Just because flights are low-priced doesn’t mean they’re not clean, comfortable and efficient. Just ask Philly Mag’s Dan McQuade who wrote this review of a $30 flight to Miami in January.
Here’s a list of the new flights and which days of the week they’re available:
- Austin, Texas (AUS): Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Cincinnati (CVG): Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Cleveland (CLE): Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Kansas City, Mo. (MCI): Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- Milwaukee (MKE): Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Nashville, Tenn. (BNA): Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- New Orleans (MSY): Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- Raleigh/Durham, N.C. (RDU): Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays
- St. Augustine, Fla. (UST): Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays
- Indianapolis (IND): No days were released.
It’s hardly the first Frontier route expansion in Philly. Last year, the airline added new flights to Fort Myers, Fla., Montego Bay, Jamaica, Minneapolis, Houston, Atlanta, Charlotte and Chicago.
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with BizPhilly — here’s how:
- Follow BizPhilly on Twitter and follow editor Jared Shelly here.
- Get the BizPhilly Newsletter
- Like BizPhilly on Facebook
- Check out the BizPhilly homepage