Reid Delivers Long Injury Report
About 1 minute and 28 seconds after he started, he had mentioned 14 different players, including nine potential starters. Here’s the full rundown.
* Jamar Chaney has a hamstring strain and will not practice.
* Per Reid, Evan Mathis is sick and has an inner ear infection. He’s doing better, but is not quite back yet. However, a source tells Geoff Mosher of the Wilmington News Journal that Mathis is suffering from vertigo and dealing with dizziness and balance issues.
* Jason Babin (calf strain), Trent Cole (A.C. strain – shoulder) and Brent Celek (sprained MCL) are all making progress, but no timetable has been set for their return.
* Nate Allen was dehydrated yesterday and had a hamstring spasm. They just have to see how he does.
* Cullen Jenkins had a hamstring strain. They have to see how he does.
* Todd Herremans had shoulder inflammation and is making progress. He could practice today.
* LeSean McCoy was dehydrated yesterday, but will be back today.
* Oshiomogho Atogwe has a groin strain. The team will see how he does, but he most likely will not practice this afternoon.
*Jamel Hamler has a hamstring strain and will not practice.
* Brandon Washington has a concussion and won’t practice for a few days.
* Riley Cooper is feeling better after surgery on his collarbone.
* Monte Taylor had a concussion, but feels pretty good this morning. He won’t practice today.
While none of yesterday’s injuries appear to be particularly serious, Reid made sure to mention that the Eagles are seeing positive results from their decision to change the tougher practices (with hitting and pads) from the morning to the afternoon this year.
“I mentioned a couple guys that were dehydrated,” Reid said. “On the other hand of that, our numbers are way down practicing in the afternoon, compared to what they’ve been in past years in that category, which is a positive.”
CHANEY MAKES A MOVE
Before Chaney injured his hamstring, he had been promoted to the first-team nickel, alongside DeMeco Ryans.
“He’s been playing well. I mean, it’s that simple,” Reid said. “We’ve told the linebackers, whoever’s playing well, you’re going to be in there. You’ll get to work with whatever group you’re behind. You’ll move up a group and have an opportunity to compete, so that’s what this camp’s all about, and he’s shown up, so he deserved that opportunity.”
Brian Rolle had previously been the first-team nickel linebacker with Ryans. And rookie Mychal Kendricks manned that spot in the spring.
EAGLES WORK OUT LB
The Eagles traded a couple linebackers – Moise Fokou and Greg Lloyd – to the Colts yesterday. Today, they’re working one out. The Birds are taking a look at Adrian Moten (6-2, 230).
Moten, 24, played his college ball at Maryland, went undrafted, and has spent time with the Colts and the Seahawks. According to Pro Football Focus, Moten has only played 24 career snaps on defense – all coming last season with the Colts.
Follow Sheil Kapadia on Twitter and e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.