10 Father’s Day Gifts for the Fitness-Obsessed Dad
Father’s Day is coming up quick, friends. If you’re like me and always forget to buy gifts until the last minute (and sometimes after the fact — sorry dad!), never fear: We’ve compiled this list of 10 great gifts to help any health-savvy dad stay fit — several with Father’s Day discounts to boot!
1. Nike Element Runner’s Jacket,$65
For the dad who likes to get his sweat on outdoors, this jacket from City Sports has flexible Dri-FIT fabric that will keep him comfortable and dry when it’s hot and warm when it’s cold.
2. Make a Date for a Trail Run, $20
For the dad who has everything and really just wants to spend time with you: This summer, the Fairmount Park Conservancy is offering 18 dates to run the Belmont Plateau Trails. You and Dad can join a six-ish mile trail run for $10 each (or free if you’re a member).
3. Perfect Fitness Multi-Gym Sport, $29.99
This nifty little contraption is perfect for the dad who wants to get fit but doesn’t want to join a gym. He can use it to do pull-ups, chin-ups, sit-ups, elevated push-ups, and dips, all from home.
4. Planet Bike Protége 9.0 Computer, $34.99
If your dad is an avid cyclist, like mine, consider getting him this useful bike computer sold by Best of Philly winner Breakaway Bikes. Attaching right to his bike’s handlebars, it’ll track his current, average, and maximum speed, trip distance, and elapsed time. It also functions as a clock, thermometer and dual odometer. Too bad my dad already has one!
5. Sports Authority Tennis Racquet Father’s Day Sale, $79.99-$99.99
For the dad who’s at home on the tennis court, Sports Authority is having a sale on four great racquets. Take your pick!
6. Philadelphia Eagles Roadblock Duffle Bag, $39.95
If your dad is a die-hard Eagles fan, like so many around these parts, look no further for the perfect gift. With this bag he can proudly display his favorite bird while carrying his gear to the gym, field, or court (or anywhere else, really).
7. Tour Trek Cube Golf Push Cart, $129.99 (down from $179.99 for Father’s Day!)
If your pops would rather not lug his clubs around the course, he can wheel them around securely in this push cart, which will later collapse down into a compact cube for storage or transportation. It comes with compartments to hold a beverage, balls, and any other personal items he’d need.
8. Fast, Fresh, and Simple: Over 100 delicious recipes for entertaining and every day, $23.25
If your dad’s been stuck in a grill-rut for years and is ready to spice up (pun intended) his cooking, nab him a copy of Philly-based Hope Cohen’s health-minded Fast, Fresh, and Simple. Trust me when I say, this is really a gift for the whole family.
9. Pepper’s Cutthroat Floater Polarized Sunglasses, $39.95
Made for water sports especially, these shades will protect your dad’s eyes when there’s glare on the water, snow, sand, or pavement. And the best part is, they’ll float if they go overboard for easy retrieval.
10. Sporty Magazine Subscription, $5 to $20 for 10 to 12 issues
If your garage is already filled with all the gear and gadgets your dad could ever need, maybe he could use a subscription to a fitness or activity-specific magazine. Amazon has ’em all — at very reasonable prices, too.
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly—here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter