Hidden City Philadelphia has compiled a sad list of gorgeous old churches, abandoned factories, and 19th century homes that were demolished this year. Lowlights include the Frankford Central United Methodist Church and the Frankford Arsenal, which “may be the greatest wholesale loss of historic buildings since nine blocks around Independence Hall were torn down to create Independence Mall in the 1950s.” Hidden City isn’t just mourning; it also calls out developers like Bart Blatstein for letting some of these abandoned properties–which he owns–go to waste. [Hidden City Philadelphia]
- News: NYT Columnist Challenges Comcast Merger
- News: Boyd Theater’s Fate May (Finally! Really!) Be Decided Today
- News: Family Court Building to Become Luxury Hotel
- Foobooz: WANTED: Chef for Standout Graduate Hospital Development
- News: Can Someone Please Help James Dupree?
- News: New Comcast Tower: Bad for Real Estate?