Hidden City Philadelphia has compiled a sad list of gorgeous old churches, abandoned factories, and 19th century homes that were demolished this year. Lowlights include the Frankford Central United Methodist Church and the Frankford Arsenal, which “may be the greatest wholesale loss of historic buildings since nine blocks around Independence Hall were torn down to create Independence Mall in the 1950s.” Hidden City isn’t just mourning; it also calls out developers like Bart Blatstein for letting some of these abandoned properties–which he owns–go to waste. [Hidden City Philadelphia]
- News: Philly Finally Reaches Land Bank Deal
- News: Philly Realtors Are Placing Classified Ads Looking for Sellers
- News: The Reclaiming Vacant Properties Conference Is in Town
- News: A New World Trade Center … In Camden?
- News: Homestead Exemption Deadline Is Extremely Nigh
- News: Goldtex Lofts Not Actually for Living In