Gov. Tom Corbett’s lawsuit challenging the NCAA’s penalties against Penn State in the Jerry Sandusky case has prompted one reaction he probably didn’t expect: A prominent conservative columnist is calling for Republicans to kick Corbett out of office. Writing in her blog at the Washington Post, Jen Rubin writes that Corbett has “disgraced” himself with the lawsuit. “It is hard to image a more disgusting political maneuver, one which the good people of the commonwealth should denounce by punting him out of office. (Republicans should think ahead and primary him.)” Rubin wrote. “There is no penalty that can repair the damage to so many lives and correct the endemic corruption of a university that allowed a child predator to operate for so long. But to challenge whatever penalty was arrived at is hideous. Corbett’s suit is a disgrace, and politicians of both parties should denounce it.” [Right Turn]
- News: Penn State Makes First Bowl Since 2012
- News: AG Kane Won’t Defend Pa. Gun Law That Allows NRA Suits
- News: Does Gov. Corbett Have One Big Bill Left in Him?
- News: Penn State President to Review Freeh Report
- News: Nobody Cares That Penn State Got Railroaded by the NCAA
- News: Report: Freeh, NCAA Worked Closely on Penn State Probe
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.