Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney has taken aim at President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus with a 3 p.m. speech in Iowa. Romney calls the stimulus “fire on the prairie.” In excerpts he says, “We still owe the money, we’re still paying interest on it, and it’ll be that way long after this presidency ends in January.” [CBS News]
- News: State Probes Philly Lawmakers Targeted in Abandoned Sting
- News: Do You Like Philly’s New Beer Gardens? Too Bad.
- News: Kevin Johnson Resigns at Bright Hope Church
- News: Kathleen Kane, Exxon Face Off Over Fracking
- News: Corbett Exercises Line-Item Veto on Budget
- News: Accused Philly Rep Misses Court Date
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.