Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney has taken aim at President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus with a 3 p.m. speech in Iowa. Romney calls the stimulus “fire on the prairie.” In excerpts he says, “We still owe the money, we’re still paying interest on it, and it’ll be that way long after this presidency ends in January.” [CBS News]
- News: Corbett Expands Medicaid to 300,000
- News: 5 Reasons Fall Could be Great for Politics in Philly
- News: Poll: Wolf’s Lead Over Corbett Widens
- News: Montco Man Starts Write-In Campaign for Governor
- News: City Hall Ends Effort to Collect Lap Dance Tax
- News: Doctors Want State Investigation Into Fracking Claims
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.