Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney has taken aim at President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus with a 3 p.m. speech in Iowa. Romney calls the stimulus “fire on the prairie.” In excerpts he says, “We still owe the money, we’re still paying interest on it, and it’ll be that way long after this presidency ends in January.” [CBS News]
- News: State Senate to Consider Medical Marijuana
- News: 3 Reasons to End the Pa. Death Penalty
- News: Magazine Says Pa. Governor Race Is “Likely Democratic”
- News: Election 2015: Who Wants to Be Mayor?
- News: Law Firm Asks Court to Forgive Bob Brady’s $450,000 Debt
- News: Corbett Told of Racy Emails During Investigation
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.