Presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney has taken aim at President Barack Obama’s economic stimulus with a 3 p.m. speech in Iowa. Romney calls the stimulus “fire on the prairie.” In excerpts he says, “We still owe the money, we’re still paying interest on it, and it’ll be that way long after this presidency ends in January.” [CBS News]
- News: City Hall Ends Effort to Collect Lap Dance Tax
- News: Doctors Want State Investigation Into Fracking Claims
- News: Death of 3-Year-Old May Spark New Gun Rules
- News: Corbett, Wolf Agree on 3 Debates
- News: Philly Is Putting On Quite a Show for the DNC Site Selectors
- News: Corbett Calls For Amish Mafia To End
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.