Academy of Music Ranked 5th Most Popular Theatre in the World
Philadelphia’s grand old lady, The Academy of Music, is in the news today: A recent poll has ranked the gorgeous performing arts venue the 5th most popular theatre in the world, beating out The Colosseum at Caesars and Radio City Music Hall.
The poll, conducted by Pollstar, ranked the top 100 theatres around the world based on ticket sales from January 2015 to June 2015. The Academy comes in 5th, with 195,588 purchased tickets. The top 5 houses in the poll are as follows:
1. Auditorio Nacional, Mexico City, Mexico: 831,197
2. Fox Theatre, Atlanta, Georgia: 260,670
3. Durham Performing Arts Center, Durham, North Carolina: 242,066
4. Royal Albert Hall, London, United Kingdom: 206,058
5. Academy of Music, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 195,588
No doubt, those numbers will continue to grow as the Kimmel Center preps up for their 2015-16 Broadway Season. Congrats to the organization for making the top marks.