Shop Talk: David Bowie’s Most Iconic Fashion Moments
Read with coffee: Five style headlines to know now.
- David Bowie died of cancer yesterday at age 69. Here’s a look back at the fabulously androgynous icon’s best fashion moments. [Stylist]
- The Golden Globes were last night, which means very pretty people wore very fancy dresses. Let’s break it down! The good: Viola Davis, Cate Blanchett, J.Lo, Alicia Vikander, Jaimie Alexander, Kirsten Dunst, Kate Bosworth. The bad: Rooney Mara, Kate Hudson, Brie Larson, Natalie Dormer. The help-me-I-can’t-make-up-my-mind: Jennifer Lawrence. [The Cut]
- Still harboring fantasies of dressing like Carrie Bradshaw? S&TC costume designer Patricia Field is closing her eponymous NYC store within the next two months. She’s now hosting a major liquidation sale; expect 50 percent off “small designers and one-of-a-kind pieces.” [WWD]
- Bryce Dallas Howard bought her Golden Globes dress off-the-rack. At Neimans, natch. She told a reporter: “Because I like having lots of options for a size six as opposed to having maybe only one option. So I always go to department stores.” Slow clap. [Elle]
- According to Pinterest users, this is what the ultimate dream house looks like. (Hint: high ceilings, gray walls, a mostly white kitchen and huge walk-in closets.) Here are the most popular pics on the site. [Tech Insider]