Shop Talk: Why You Should Finally Stop Washing Your Hair Every Day
Read with coffee: The five style headlines you need to know this morning.
- Are you washing your hair too much? According to experts from UPenn’s Hair and Scalp Clinic (pause: did you know we had one of those?!), over-washing long or ethnic hair can be super-damaging. So instead of lathering every day, opt for dry shampoo and stick to natural essential oil-based products to avoid mistreating your precious tresses. [Time]
- More than 1,000 women are currently on the waitlist for this $235 LBD. You can order it, but it won’t arrive for at least a year. That’s dedication, ladies. [WhoWhatWear]
- It’s official: The man-bun has been replaced. By the man-braid. [Byrdie]
- Sign of the apocalypse: Some makeup companies are creating makeup designed specifically for selfies. Even if you’re not into taking a million pictures of yourself (stop lying), anyone could stand to benefit from these selfie-ready makeup tips and tricks by artist Luis Casco. [The New York Times]
- Add this to your holiday wish list: a $199 nail art printer called the Nailbot that links to your smartphone and prints full-color designs onto your nails. While the idea isn’t completely new, the Nailbot is a more affordable alternative that supports women inventors and engineers. You can pre-order it just in time for the holidays. [Techcrunch]