Market Report: 7 Dirty Secrets Behind Your Favorite Retail Stores
Plus: What the world's longest yard sale looks like.
- Why do stores ask for your zip code? Do employees really have code words for problem shoppers? (Yes.) There are a lot of dirty retail secrets behind every store, and this article lays them all out. That chaotic sale rack? It’s a mess on purpose, so you’re less likely to go through it and more likely to buy something full-price. That ‘made in Italy’ label? It doesn’t mean that product was actually made in Italy. The more you know. [Refinery29]
- Kimono alert! That gorgeous silk kimono Kate Hudson wore in a recent Instagram pic has been found online — and it’s on sale! Adding to cart … now. [SheFinds]
- The fashion collection I’m currently coveting: Hillier Bartley, a collaboration between Katie Hillier and Luella Bartley that just launched online. It’s so, so, so good. [Grazia]
- One woman put four of the strangest Pinterest beauty hacks to the test to see if they worked and, shocker, most of them actually did. Who knew that using tape to get the perfect cat-eye actually works? [xoVain]
- And this is what the World’s Longest Yard Sale looks like. [Racked]