Market Report: Eek! These 10 Madewell Sandals Have Been Recalled
Look after your feet.
- Shoe news: These 10 Madewell sandals are on major recall for the health threats they pose. The company has recalled over 50,000 pairs after numerous complaints of a metal shank dislodging and breaking through the bottom of the sandal. Ouch. [New York Times]
- Speaking of could-be threatening shoes, the thigh-high boot trend is big for fall.Here’s a primer on how to wear them IRL, as demonstrated by five real (read: not model-tall) women. [Glamour]
- Remember Bebe, mecca of tiny, tight club dresses? Well, the brand is seriously revamping its party-girl image for a more polished vibe. Think less Paris Hilton, more #GirlBoss CEO. And now we officially feel old. [WhoWhatWear]
- Shop vintage like a real pro with these 20 insider thrifting tips that hardcore consignment shoppers don’t want you to know. [Refinery29]
- Then again, if down-and-dirty thrifting isn’t your thing, you could always head to one of Goodwill’s new high-end boutiques to shop brands like Chanel and Burberry. [The Cut]