Market Report: Why You Need to Put Down That Hairdryer (Photographic Evidence!)
And other fashion and beauty news to know this a.m.
- Time to put down the blowdryer, hot tool-devotees. Hairstylist Guido Palau—the genius behind Victoria Beckham’s spring 2015 show—says the new look is all about the “anti-blowout,” lightly-tousled air-dried locks. See the fabulous proof here. [Vogue]
- Looks like guys are also getting an update in the hair department. The new look? A man bob. Think: Kurt Cobain and Johnny Depp. (Doesn’t sound so bad anymore, right?) [Fashionista]
- Finally, a lingerie brand has acknowledged that the color ‘nude’ doesn’t necessarily a connote a light peachy-pink hue. Nubian Skin, a new lingerie brand slated to debut in October, will offer bras and panties to suit non-caucasian skin tones. [Huffington Post]
- Turns out the classic shampoo-first-conditioner-second routine might be old news. Trichologist (fancy talk for hair expert) Liz Phillips suggests putting on conditioner before you even step into the shower. Behold! Beautiful, conditioned locks. [Refinery29]
- We’re sure you’ve heard the news: Duchess Kate Middleton is expecting another baby! To celebrate, here are 22 of her best maternity looks. [Lucky]