The Rittenhouse’s Spa, Salon and Health Club Will Open This Summer
New spa/salon alert!
We are very excited to hear today’s news that the Rittenhouse will soon open its brand spanking new, 15,000-square-foot spa, health club and salon in late summer.
Here, we’ve collected the most important bridal details from today’s press release:
The salon –
- The 3,000-square foot salon will feature hair by Manhattan-based stylist and salon owner Paul Labrecque, who was recognized by Vanity Fair as one of the top three stylists in the country and has his own line of hair care products.
- The salon will also feature 10 styling chairs (perfect for getting all your ‘maids done quickly), L’Oreal INOA color, extensions, scalp therapy and Kevyn Aucoin makeup application.
- And – how fitting – the salon’s design was inspired by Alexander McQueen’s wedding dress collection, “using various shades of white and light for a relaxed and welcoming feel with floor to ceiling mirrors, soft lights, and luxurious fixtures complement natural sunlight that pours into the room through ceiling skylights and a wall of windows overlooking the Rittenhouse Square treetops.” Guests can also enjoy drinks and hors d’oeuvres between services.
- For the groom and groomsmen, the salon will also house a private gentleman’s barber shop and grooming area, featuring Labrecque’s signature services like the hour-long Indulgent Shave, as well as haircuts, style, custom color, scalp treatments, facial trims, head shaves, straight-edge razor shaves, sports manicures and pedicures and brow services, using Hommage luxury men’s grooming products. Plus, scotch and cigars available for purchase. Go easy on the scotch, boys.
The spa –
- The 5,000-square-foot spa was inspired by Jean Paul Gaultier’s collection and features a baroque palette, black stone and glass, eight modern treatment rooms, a couple’s treatment room and Philadelphia’s first-ever Spa Suite.
- The Spa Suite allows for groups of up to eight guests and features a dressing area, bathroom, rain showers, two treatment beds, and cocktail offerings – perfect for the Big Day or your bachelorette party. The Spa will carry advanced treatments and skin care products such as Tata Harper and Natura Bissé, among others. The spa menu includes custom massage, facials and skin care, waxing and nail services, as well as a collection of packages curated for brides, grooms, wedding parties, bachelorettes, corporate guests and event planners.
- Specialty wedding packages include wedding party essentials such as manicure/pedicures, express facials, brow shaping and hair and makeup. Brides will also enjoy the signature Bridal Radiance – hair and makeup, French manicure/pedicure and a complimentary spa gift. Grooms and groomsmen can also be treated to a classic manicure, therapeutic massage and barber shaves. The Salon and Spa is also perfect for beauty and wellness-themed showers and bachelorette parties, offering personalized packages such as exclusive treatments in the private Spa Suite, in-room massages and personal fitness training.
- Signature treatments include: “Citrus Drench – a Natura Bissé body treatment that drenches the skin with energizing ingredients to prevent premature aging while restoring elasticity and hydration; Ageless Body – an exfoliating treatment from Tata Harper, using pink clay and grapefruit with a full body massage to create complete relaxation; the Detox – a facial that is perfect for travelers with congested skin from flying and big cities, reenergizing and eliminating toxins; the classic Men’s Sport Massage – a full body massage using light stretching and massage techniques to release tired muscles; and the Gentlemen’s Steamed Facial – carefully balanced pampering through a warm steam, a deep cleanse, exfoliation and hydrating mask followed by a face, neck and shoulder massage. Nail care for men and women features Deborah Lippmann nail polishes and specialty services such as Paraffin Wax and Glycolic Anti-Aging hand treatments.”
- Visitors to the Spa receive exclusive access to the Club’s new locker rooms, sauna and steam rooms and the indoor swimming pool that leads to an expansive outdoor deck and lounge. Cuisine options from the Lacroix are also available.
The opening marks the final phase of the hotel’s multi-million dollar revitalization that began in 2012. And for those of you who are venue shopping, the hotel’s event spaces also received a makeover.
We can’t wait to visit when it’s all complete!
Getting married? Start and end your wedding planning journey with Philadelphia Weddings' guide to the best wedding vendors in the city.