Your Day-by-Day Guide to Sandblast 2015
Atlantic City has never been more gay.
That’s essentially the point of Sandblast 2015, the annual multi-day beach and pool party that features something for just about everyone in AC. From underwear parties to a women’s white party to lounging at the pool to Margaret Freaking Cho, this year’s line up is a heck of a lot of fun. We’re breaking down the festivities day-by-day for you so you can find the right events for your summer beach experience.
Travel Tip: If you’re coming from Philly or the South Jersey area, the NJ Transit train, which departs from 30th Street Station and other South Jersey locations) is a sure bet to avoid the AC Expressway shore traffic. Once the train arrives in AC, a series of Jitneys will shuttle travelers to and from the various casinos and hotels.
Friday, July 17th
- Hit the Gay Beach outside of Claridge Hotel: Good for those who are taking Friday off for an extended weekend, there will be plenty of sunbathing and ocean splashing for everyone. Various times, Claridge Hotel, Park Place and the Boardwalk
- Welcome Reception at Club 11: Located inside of the Claridge Hotel, this is the official reception for the weekend. 7 pm, Claridge Hotel, Park Place and the Boardwalk
- Lost at Sea: The sexy MIXX at Borgata is the home of the official kick-off party for Sandblast, featuring DJ Alain Jackinsky, plenty of cocktails, and dancing. 10 pm, Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa, 1 Borgata Way
- Raw Underwear Party: A “mandatory clothes check” is part of this late-night dance mixer, featuring Eddie Elias and The Maverick Men. 2 am, Claridge Hotel, Park Place and the Boardwalk
Saturday, July 18th
- Rip Tide: The signature pool party of Sandblast will get things hot on the Bally’s rooftop, featuring DJ Dawson and DJ Dani Toro. 11 am, Bally’s, 1900 Boardwalk
- Ladies 2000 Tea Dance: This early-evening mixer at Borgata’s Mur.Mur is the perfect pre-Cho party, featuring DJ Michael Decero. 5 pm, Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa, 1 Borgata Way
- Margaret Cho’s The Psycho Tour: “You gaaaaaay?” Everyone’s favorite comedic diva takes to Borgata’s Music Box stage for an evening that will leave you belly laughing. 9 pm, Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa, 1 Borgata Way
- Women’s White Party: The Tea Dance crowd gets free admission to this mixer at Claridge’s Club 11, a white party that will serve as a cool way to wind down from the day’s festivities. 10 pm, Claridge Hotel, Park Place and the Boardwalk
- Deep Blue: Billed as “Saturday Night’s Main Event,” the party features DJ Eddie Martinez, DJ Morabito, plus performances by Beth Sacks at the Superstar Ballroom in Resorts. 10 pm, Resorts Casino Hotel, 1133 Boardwalk
- Skinny Dip: We can all imagine what will happen at this late-night post-party at the Claridge pool, featuring DJ Barney. 3 am, Claridge Hotel, Park Place and the Boardwalk
Sunday, July 19th
- Drag Race and Handbag Toss: Hosted by Brittany Lynn, Drag Mafia stars will exert their athletic abilities along the Boardwalk, right before the big beach party. 11:30 am, Bungalow Beach, Boardwalk and California Avenue
- Sandblast Beach Party: The big event is Sunday afternoon, featuring DJ Mike Reimer and DJ Phil Romano. Private cabanas and bottle service will be available. 12 pm, Bunaglow Beach, Boardwalk and California Avenue
- Kahuna: Nurture that sunburn at this evening party at Dusk Nightclub at Caesars. DJ Mick Hale and DJ Aron will be mixing beats until the sun sets (and rises the next day). 11pm, Caesars, 2100 Pacific Avenue