Go for the Gold at the Pizza Olympics
The Olympics are not a competition for the faint of heart. They’re a place to prove your strength, honor and glory. And the Pizza Olympics are upholding those same values.
More than 800 guests will fill Penns Landing Caterers, 1301 S. Columbus Blvd., 6 to 9 p.m. July 18 for the fifth annual Pizza Olympics, an evening featuring pizza from across the city competing in categories such as best crust, sauce, tomato pie and creative toppings. There will be other treats, drink specials, live music, raffles, giveaways and more.
Tickets are on sale online fr $15 and a limited number of tickets also will be available at the door. Attendees must be 18 to enter this standing-room-only event and 21 to drink (with proper ID).
The following pizzerias are scheduled to be attend:
- Bianca Pizza & Trattoria, 514 South St.
- Cacia’s Bakery, 1526 W. Ritner St.
- Chickie’s & Pete’s, 1526 Packer Ave.
- J&J Pizza, 1177 S. Ninth St.
- Lanci’s Bakery, 1716 Jackson St.
- Paulie’s Pizza, 31 S. 11th St., Center City
- Powelton Pizza, 3536 Lancaster Ave., West Philly
- Rosario’s, 1501 Wharton St.
- Santucci’s, 901 S. 10th St.
- SliCE, 1180 S. 10th St.
- South View Pizza, 367 Durfor St.
Come on out and win your gold medal in pizza eating.
Pizza Olympics [South Philly Review]