Tonight: Truffle Week Begins at Le Castagne
Ahh, the truffle. One of the most expensive and elusive naturally occurring foods, truffles have been referred to by famed gastronome (and all-around fun guy) Jean Brillat-Savarin as the “diamond of the kitchen” (which probably sounds way sexier in French). Italy is one of the world’s big repositories of truffles, and this week Italian restaurant Le Castagne is bringing the truffles to you with two different prix fixe, all-truffle menus.
They are pricey, yes, but if you have the means and the taste, there’s no better way to kick off the season.
Running from November 5-10, the Truffle Week menu includes two prix fixe packages by chef Michael DeLone, as well truffle additions to current menu options.
The Deluxe Truffle Package, $125 per person. A selection of five courses including these dishes:
- Uovo Alla Milanese: Milanese style egg, truffle bread crumb, spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, truffle vinaigrette, Humboldt Fog goat cheese
- Tagliatelle con tartufi bianchi: Pasta with Parmesan cheese sauce and shaved white truffle
- Quaglia arrostita ripiena: Roasted quail stuffed with housemade sausage, potato, and guanciale, finished with black truffle demi glace
- Torta lavica al cioccolato: Chocolate lava cake with truffle ricotta gelato, honey
The Premium Truffle Package, $325 per person.
- Pairs the five-course Deluxe options with fresh truffle shavings
- Wine pairings from Antinoro Estates, La Braccesca Vino Nobile, Chianti Classico Riserva and Pian della Vigne Brunello.
For those who don’t want to make the full leap into Truffle Week, truffle shavings can be added to any normal menu dish at $35 for black truffles and $50 for white truffles.
Le Castagne [Official]