Year In Review: July
- The New York Times goes on a bar crawl of Fishtown, Northern Liberties and Port Richmond.
- Village Whiskey serves up loaded milkshakes and we indulge.
- In July the State loosened its two-hour a day grip on happy hour. Huzzah for the legal four-hour happy hour.
- In July’s Best of Philly issue there was also the triumphant return of the Worst of Philly.
- Back in July we reported on Jose Garces’ expansion into Atlantic City and Arizona.
- Even on the hottest weekend of the summer we found ways to eat like kings.
- Craig LaBan shocked us all with his two-bell review of Talula’s Garden.
- With the heat hitting triple digits we find the one reason to go to Applebees.
- We provide the details for Eater’s Philadelphia Heat Map.
- The first signs of trouble appear for L’Oca’s Luca Garutti as he is arrested following a car accident.
- Honest Tea puts up an unmanned iced tea stand and invites us all to watch what happens. And what do you know, we’re honest!
- Serafina fails to recognize Cliff Lee and then begs him to come back.
- The Vendy Awards come to Philadelphia and the underdog wins.
- A Jim’s Steaks manager is robbed of $30,000 in a daytime robbery.
- Cheesemongers declared the newest food celebrities.
- We tip Center City lunchers off to the fresher (and cheaper) salads available at Morris’.
- Great grilling tips from Philadelphia’s Top Chefs.
Dish of the Month
Scallop Dishes at the Diving Horse
As good looking as they were delicious.
Quote of the Month
I will have the Gary Larson special… – Commenter DS Nyce regarding this photo