Year in Review: March
- Rick Nichols has a hit-or-miss time of it at R2L.
- The story of the month was certainly theÂ PLCB raid of three bars over “unregistered” beer.
- Lari Robling wonders aloud if Stephen Starr’s star is falling.
- H&H Bagels come to Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Weekly goes whole hog.
- Aimee Olexy and Bryan Sikora split but Talula’s Table soldiers on.
- We never were lucky enough to get the Paesano’s burger.
- Zama’s pristine sushi gets 3-bells.
- We eatÂ 500Âº andÂ Five Guys in theÂ same afternoon, still haven’t recovered.
- East Passyunk made the New York Times.
Dish of the Month
Live scallop at Zama
A live scallop, meanwhile, so feisty its shell snipped at the chefâ€™s fingers until it met the fateful blade, arrived in thicker-than-usual sashimi discs that slipped across my tongue with an intense tidal rush of sea and sweetness. Craig LaBan, Philadelphia Inquirer
Quote of the Month
“The heat was less angry assault, more plaid blankets and fireside brandies at your hunting estate in the English countryside. Warm, comforting.” – Adam Erace on Han Dynasty
Alison Two, Skinner’s Pub