Can Jose Garces Be The Next Iron Chef?
Jose Garces (Amada, Tinto, Distrito, Chifa andÂ Village Whiskey) will be among the 10 contestants (we will never say chef-testants) competing on The Next Iron Chef, set to premier on Sunday, October 4th on the Food Network. Garces of course defeated Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America last year and now he looks to cement his national status by appearing on the popular Food Network series.
Speaking of which, Foobooz is looking for a TV Correspondent to cover these shows and provide recaps. If you’re interested, please check out the Foobooz Jobs section for details.
Check out all ten contestants after the jump.
- Nate Appleman (Chef/Butcher, New York, NY)
- Dominique Crenn (Chef de Cuisine, Luce at InterContinental San Francisco, San Francisco, CA)
- Brad Farmerie (Executive Chef, Double Crown, Madam Geneva, PUBLIC and The Monday Room, New York, NY)
- Amanda Freitag (Executive Chef, The Harrison, New York, NY)
- Jose Garces (Executive Chef & Owner, Amada, Tinto, Distrito, Chifa, Philadelphia, PA)
- Eric Greenspan (Executive Chef & Owner, The Foundry on Melrose, Los Angeles, CA)
- Jehangir Mehta (Executive Chef & Owner, Graffiti, New York, NY)
- Seamus Mullen (Executive Chef & Partner, Boqueria Flatiron and Boqueria Soho, New York, NY)
- Holly Smith (Chef & Owner, Cafe Juanita and Poco Carretto Gelato, Kirkland, WA)
- Roberto TreviÃ±o (Executive Chef & Owner, Budatai, San Juan, PR)