The Year In Review – December 2007
We’ve been looking back at the year in Foobooz for the past 12 days or so. Today we take leave you with a look back at December 2007, we remember it well.
Dish of December
Cocido, short rib ravioli at Amada.
The shortrib ravioli are the greatest single food item in the history of ever. Theyâ€™ll make you wonder why youâ€™ve wasted all these years without them.
– Nick, a Foobooz commenter
- The Bite can’t get enough of the chicken shawarma sandwiches at the Pita Pocket.
- It’s a Philadelphia French bistro revolution.
- Beer geeks had reason to rejoice as Heavyweight’s Tom Baker is starting a brew pub.
- Mental Floss pays homage to 9th and Passyunk in their list of birthplaces of Great American Food.
- G Lounge might be under a Rite Aid but stepping inside you won’t even believe you’re in Philadelphia.
- If you can get past the disconnect of the name and the dishes you’ll enjoy Supper.
- There’ll be no slowing the Jose Garces Express.
- Marigold Kitchen gets a new chef and a “modern Southern” menu.
- Michelob at a beer dinner? Yes, it’s true.
- What do you bring to drink at an Indian BYOB?
- You can’t fault to beer for the Belgian Cafe’s one bell review.