Aroundphilly.com’s Top Beer Joints
Aroundphilly.com lists their top beer joints in Philadelphia. And instead of going with the obvious Belgian spots Eulogy and Monks, the list is made up of a “few off-the-beaten path finds for better beers and an all-around positive imbibing experience.”
- Black Door – “a bar shines like a jewel in the crown of Queen Village.”
- South Philadelphia Tap Room – “a more uptown-type corner bar has risen to offer some of the best beers around.”
- McMenamin’s Tavern – “this bar beacons to all in this comfortably diverse quarter and serves as a meeting spot for suburbanites and locals alike.”
- The Khyber – “Few rock bars offer as discerning a beer list as Old City’s long-time place to play it loud.”
- Grey Lodge Pub – “Northeast folks continue to give thumbs up to this Bridesburg pick for up-market brews.”
Foobooz adds to the list after the jump.
- Royal Tavern – An always rotating assortment of taps and excellent food make the Royal a Foobooz favorite.
- Grace Tavern – A part of the Monk’s family, Grace has beer you just can’t find anywhere else, and here’s a secret, it’s often a buck or more cheaper than Monk’s!
- Bridgid’s – Too often overlooked, this Art Museum staple keeps you coming back as much for the bargain food as for the great beer selection.