Update: Where to Find Donation Boxes for Your Race Medals
Just a quick update to our post a few weeks back about the newly rekindled Medals4Mettle program in Philly, which invites runners to donate finishers’ medals to be redistributed to sick kids at CHOP. When last we talked about it, you were instructed to mail your medals to Philly chapter leader Malinda Hill. But now she tells me she’s worked with a few local businesses to install donation boxes so you can avoid the mail costs.
Here’s where to find them:
• Philadelphia Runner Center City: 1601 Sansom Street, Philadelphia.
• Philadelphia Runner University City: 3621 Walnut Street, Philadelphia.
• Indigo Schuy: 8432 Germantown Avenue, Chestnut Hill.
As a reminder, the organization accepts only marathon, half marathon and triathlon medals, and 5K medals earned by other kids. The medals are then restrung with Medals4Mettle ribbons and handed out to kids at CHOP.
Like what you’re reading? Stay in touch with Be Well Philly—here’s how:
- Like Be Well Philly on Facebook
- Follow Be Well Philly on Twitter
- Follow Be Well Philly on Pinterest
- Get the Be Well Philly Newsletter