The Checkup: Are These 10 Exercise Machines a Total Waste of Time?
• Go ahead and scratch the following machines off your gym-rotation list: leg-curl, overhead shoulder press, ab crunch. A conditioning expert says they’re among 10 machines at the gym that are pretty much useless. [Yahoo! Shine]
• Ah, so this explains the whole Governator thing: Strong men—like, dudes who are actually physically strong—tend to have right-wing political views, according to a new study. [Daily Mail]
• Okay, so while physically revolting to me (I’ve never been a Doritos gal), Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Tacos at least made some culinary sense. But the Bell’s newest creation, a waffle taco? That just seems like an utter misfire (not to mention, calorie bomb). [TIME]
• In case you’ve ever wondered, here are the crazy (read: scary) diets models put their bodies through for their jobs. [Huff Post Women]
• Useful! The 22 best cookbooks of 2013 (so far, I presume). [Greatist]