Down in Washington, DC, there is a wide range of sights for you and a date to enjoy whether it’s a revitalized neighborhood or a historic landmark. New School meets Old School with these two DC date ideas. Both options are located away from the many monuments and museums in the nation’s capital and appeal to the city or country lover in us all.
New School Date Idea: Adams Morgan Neighborhood. Although the Adams Morgan Neighborhood has taken its name from two formerly segregated area elementary schools, this part of the city is now one of the most culturally diverse neighborhoods in DC. The trendy AdMo neighborhood is situated just north of the common stomping grounds of the capital and is filled with great restaurants, music venues, and vintage book and clothing stores. Here are a few of the ‘AdMo’ establishments that are offering discounted deals when you mention “Date Nights DC.”
- Fill your bookshelves with timeless classics at Idle Time Books, a vintage bookstore.
- Drink and dine at Jack Rose Dining Saloon where they mix together several discounted signature cocktails to pair with their American cuisine.
- Spend the night at Adams Inn, a cozy Victorian boutique hotel in the neighborhood.
Old School Date Idea: Dinner & Discount at Mount Vernon. If you’re looking for a retreat from the city life, you and your date can sneak away from all the hustle and bustle by taking in the rolling grounds and beautiful gardens of Mount Vernon. The interior of the mansion remains aesthetically preserved to its 1799 appearance, when it was the final home to our nation’s first president, George Washington.
- On February 13th, you and your date can enjoy a romantic four-course chocolate and wine dinner at Mount Vernon Inn.
- On February 22nd & 23rd, couples can celebrate George Washington’s 282nd birthday at a discounted rate. Any two daytime admission tickets are just $22.
For more information about these date ideas and more in the Washington, DC region, please visit here.