For more information about current full-time employment opportunities or to send a résumé, please contact Alexandra Nodiff at firstname.lastname@example.org. Metrocorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Editorial Internship Program
Philadelphia magazine offers editorial internship opportunities for undergraduate college students.
Our interns receive intensive training in both print and digital media. Typical duties include researching and fact-checking articles, transcribing interviews, reporting articles for both the website and magazine, resizing photos and creating slideshows, updating online content, writing event listings, and posting content to social media. Interns have daily interaction with our editorial staff and the many facets of the publishing industry.
We request a minimum of 20 hours per week over three days in the office during spring and fall internships and 30 hours per week over four days during summer internships. Internships are unpaid and must be used to receive academic credit. Interns must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a postsecondary academic institution; high school students, rising college freshman, recent graduates, and graduate students are not eligible to apply.
Graphic Design Internship
As a designer within the Design department, you would help to sculpt the overall brand of the company through work on editorial pieces, in-book marketing and advertising sections, digital initiatives, and event branding and promotion! You will be an integral part of the design team, learning about publishing design from a full 360° perspective.
This highly coveted opportunity will give you hands on experience at an award-winning magazine that is undergoing rapid growth as well as the ability to be on the ground of floor of our newest initiative, City Studio, an in-house creative and content agency aimed at creating custom programs and campaigns for our clients and advertisers. Nowhere else can you get the professional experience that combines both a publishing and agency environment in such a way.
- Incorporate creative skills, commercial/advertising awareness, and proficient knowledge of design software (specifically including Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) to develop materials for clients and company projects
- Deliver projects to Editorial, Sales and Marketing Departments based on pre-established workflow process (ie: Job jackets and project schedules)
- Projects include but are not limited to E-blasts, microsites, editorial and marketing in-book sections, event promotions and signage, banner ads, logo creation, event branding and more. Our day to day is never the same so we need to be prepared for anything.
An internship with the design department is unpaid and requires 20 hours per week minimum, schedule to be determined.
Graphic Design Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Team Mentality, Desktop Publishing Tools, Working knowledge of HTML/CSS (You will be working with code!)
Nick Massarelli, Associate Art Director, email@example.com
Applications for Fall 2017 are now being accepted.
Client Services Internship
Philadelphia magazine’s Client Services interns get to experience the fast paced and exciting industry of Publishing and all of its platforms. You will see first-hand how client advertising campaigns are created, maintained and executed from start to finish.
As an intern to the Client Services Department, your responsibilities will include:
- Gathering sales materials for client meetings
- Updating the Insightly database
- Proofing/fact-checking ads
- Research/prospect clients as requested and aid in maintaining client relationships
- Working events ran by our Consumer and Events Marketing department
- Gaining a full knowledge of Philadelphia magazine’s custom digital programs
- Google Analytics research: including pulling reports and traffic analysis and compiling into a presentation
- Maintaining daily analytics tracking of client sponsored posts on Phillymag.com
- DFP (DoubleClick for Publishers): pull reports of online (Phillymag.com) ad performance as well as pulling screenshots of ad campaigns
- Calendar planning, copy writing, updating, editing and commenting for Philadelphia magazine’s custom digital programs
- Brainstorming new, creative ideas for digital and social media efforts
- Collecting digital screenshots/print ads and analytics for client check-ins and program recaps
- Miscellaneous day to day office (work related) tasks
- Field long and short term project requests, as directed by supervisor, for full sales and marketing
Desired skills: ability to work in a fast-paced environment, detail-oriented, hard worker, organized and professional. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
An internship with the Client Services department is unpaid and requires the following:
- Must be an undergraduate pursuing a four year degree.
- Must work for the duration of the semester (spring, summer or fall). 15 weeks minimum.
- Must be punctual in attending your scheduled days at work. Habitual lateness will not be tolerated.
- When requesting time off, you must notify your supervisor 2 weeks prior to the scheduled vacation, or the request may not be granted (emergency exceptions will be granted).
- When calling in sick, you must notify your supervisor via email.
To apply, please send your résumé to Becky Festa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for Fall 2017 are now being accepted.
Integrated Marketing and Special Events Internship
Philadelphia magazine offers marketing and special event internship opportunities for undergraduate college students.
Our interns serve as a member of the Marketing team in a dynamic, bottom-line driven environment. Marketing interns assist in all manners of tasks, helping with the overall brand and supporting marketing processes of the magazine and its ancillary publications. Some of these tasks include the planning and execution of all Philadelphia magazine events, helping to prepare media kits for Philadelphia magazine advertising sales representatives, proofing/copyediting and fact-checking special sections, helping to create post-event recaps, creating content for the @PhillyMagEvents social media platforms, concepting and copywriting for promotional material and more! Interns have daily interaction with our marketing and sales staff allowing for great experience in the publishing industry.
We request a minimum of 20 hours per week over three days in the office over the course of an internship. Internships are unpaid and must be used to receive academic credit. Interns must be enrolled at a postsecondary academic institution; high school students and rising college freshman are not eligible to apply.
To apply, please send your résumé to Stepfanie McCaffrey at email@example.com.