“Democratic New Jersey Assemblyman John McKeon wants Gov. Chris Christie to spread the love by declaring a double Valentine’s Day in the Garden State this year,” Business Insider reports. “McKeon introduced legislation last week calling on Christie to embrace an extra holiday devoted for love as a way to boost the economy. New Jersey’s second Valentine’s Day would take place August 14, 2014 and would be officially designated as ‘Half St. Valentine’s Day.’”
- News: David Sirota on New Jersey’s Risky Pension Investments
- News: Union: Politics Guided Jersey Pension Investments
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Advance Domestic Violence Bills
- News: Jersey Lawmakers Call for Review of Rice Case
- News: Another Report Suggests Taj Close to Bankruptcy
- News: Christie: Sports Betting Is Legal In New Jersey Now
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.