The U.S. Olympics Committee is soliciting bids to host the 2024 Summer Olympics, but Mayor Michael Nutter isn’t so sure Philadelphia will be making the attempt. “Other than the wonder and the spectacle of it, we’re talking about something that is 11 years away, that the United States Olympic Committee has to decide whether to bid or not. So we are prematurely premature,” he told CBS Philly. “Everyone loves the Olympics. It’s certainly very exciting. It would be an honor just to have it in the United States, let alone in Philadelphia. But again, there’s no way of knowing what is going to happen for the 2024 Olympics here in 2013.” [CBS Philly]
- News: Nerlens Noel Might Play This Season
- News: PGW’s Union Employees Oppose Sale
- News: Mayor, Governor Headed to Vatican to Meet Pope
- News: Iverson Commercial: We Talking About Pants?
- News: Mayor Nutter Won’t Be Shouted Down in Council This Year
- News: Comcast Today: Internet Essentials Gets New Life