Rather than have another crippling debt ceiling fight (remember when the United States’s credit got downgraded in 2011 because certain members of Congress threatened not to let the country pay its bills?) right on the heels of the near-crippling fiscal cliff fight, Congress has wisely decided not to wrangle unnecessarily over raising the debt ceiling. At least for another three months. In what passes for courage, resolve, and bipartisanship these days, the conservative faction of the GOP has signaled they will allow the passage of a bill to delay a vote on raising the debt ceiling until May. Huzzah! [Washington Post]
- News: More Pennsylvanians Working Than A Year Ago
- News: Report: Philly’s Recovery From Recession is Lagging
- News: Welcome to Pennsylvania. Would You Like Fries With That?
- News: The One PGW Sale Question That Really Matters
- News: PA Unemployment Drops, Job Growth Still Weak
- News: Good Riddance, Radio Shack