Pat Burrell’s retirement seems to be going pretty well. The former Phillie made a, um, triumphant return to Philadelphia last year—a return that also saw the unveiling of a video musing on Burrell’s legendary off-field activities. With that kind of life, who could get angry about anything? Well, Burrell apparently has a bone to pick with CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, who Tweeted early Sunday that Burrell had cursed at him and tried to start a fight. Why? Nobody actually knows. But now we know this about Burrell: He’s a lover and a fighter. [Deadspin]
- News: The Phillies Won the World Series Six Years Ago Today
- News: Philly’s 10 Best Pro Athletes on Twitter
- The Scene: Philadelphia History Museum City Social
- News: LISTEN: WIP’s Josh Innes Goes After Mike Missanelli
- News: You Can Buy This Mike Schmidt Crown at Auction
- Ticket: DO THIS: Flyers Pep Rally Tomorrow at Dilworth Park
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.