Pat Burrell’s retirement seems to be going pretty well. The former Phillie made a, um, triumphant return to Philadelphia last year—a return that also saw the unveiling of a video musing on Burrell’s legendary off-field activities. With that kind of life, who could get angry about anything? Well, Burrell apparently has a bone to pick with CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, who Tweeted early Sunday that Burrell had cursed at him and tried to start a fight. Why? Nobody actually knows. But now we know this about Burrell: He’s a lover and a fighter. [Deadspin]
- News: Olbermann Names Cliff Lee the “Worst Person in the World”
- Ticket: Philly Orchestra to Perform National Anthem at Tonight’s Phillies Game
- News: Cliff Lee Accurately Sums Up Phillies Season
- News: Phillies Play Bocce During Rain Delay
- G Philly: DO THIS: Gay Night at the Phillies
- News: Phillies, Eagles in Top-50 Most Valuable Sports Franchises
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.