You’re probably going to want to avoid the Northeast Extension today. A massive sinkhole opened up on the southbound side where the Turnpike crosses North Wales Road (mile marker 24.8) just as the morning commute was heating up. It’s reportedly four feet wide and four feet across. Crews are on the scene working to repair the road in time for the afternoon rush hour. For now, though, it caused at least an eight-mile backup. [6 ABC]
- News: Your Average Commute Is Delayed 22% by Traffic Jams
- News: Don’t Run the Red Lights Near City Hall
- News: Megabus Collides with School Bus on I-676, At Least Six Injured
- News: Delaware Uses Zombies to Promote Pedestrian Safety
- News: A Subway on the Boulevard? Keep Dreaming.
- News: Ed Rendell Introduces “I’m Stuck!” App