You’re probably going to want to avoid the Northeast Extension today. A massive sinkhole opened up on the southbound side where the Turnpike crosses North Wales Road (mile marker 24.8) just as the morning commute was heating up. It’s reportedly four feet wide and four feet across. Crews are on the scene working to repair the road in time for the afternoon rush hour. For now, though, it caused at least an eight-mile backup. [6 ABC]
- News: Maybe Drivers and Cyclists Actually Enjoy Fighting
- News: Should City Council Lower Speed Limits in the City to 20 MPH?
- News: This CVS Truck Driver Is Having a Bad Morning
- News: The Pennsylvania Turnpike Is A Disaster
- News: Can Speed Cameras Fix Philly’s Death-Trap Road?
- News: Reminder: Gas Prices Are Going Up…Very Soon