Joel Arends is the founder, chairman, and only staffer of Veterans for a Strong America, “a grassroots action organization committed to ensuring that America remains a strong nation by advancing liberty, safeguarding freedom and opposing tyranny.” VFSA is registered as a “social welfare” group, so its donors and backers can remain anonymous, but Arends contends that he’s spoken with disgruntled commandos and Navy SEALs who aren’t happy with the way President Obama has been trumpeting the death of Osama bin Laden during his campaign. Also, VFSA released a video “swift boating” Obama for this that has gone viral. [Mother Jones]
- News: Neighbors Love Pop-Up Beer Gardens
- News: Pa. Republican Introduces Federal Bill to Legalize Medical Marijuana
- News: Wolf: Raise Taxes on Rich to Fund Schools
- News: Thanks to Obama, Dems Will Lose the Senate
- News: Could Dems Take Back the Pa. Senate?
- News: Christine O’Donnell Not a Witch, Nor a Fact-Checker
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.